Loamhedge Abbey Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the read-only Loamhedge Abbey Forum. Feel free to visit the main Redwall forum, where the action is happening.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Ribbajack  (Read 390 times)

Skarzs

• Redwall Recorder
    • View Profile
The Ribbajack
« on: December 27, 2016, 12:57:50 AM »

Has anyone else read this book? I got it for Christmas, and it's very interesting. Not to spoil too much, but a Ribbajack is basically a monster created from a person's mind, and originates from Berma, and I wonder if it's something Brian actually heard about from his time as a sailor. Haven't finished the book, but I will. I definitely recommend others read it.
I have made the Sword of Martin the Warrior! See it in Art in Metal

Cave of Skarzs

Some people call you crazy because you want to change the world. And you know what? It's usually the crazy people who do change it. And to those who say we can't: Get out of our way.

Inquisitor

• Abbey Gatekeeper
  • Thanks Rosie!
    • View Profile
Re: The Ribbajack
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 03:25:57 PM »

I've read it.
"A seagull ate my cookie and pooped on me once, I will never forgive their entire species!" - Matt

"Even the word 'hopeless' has the word 'hope' in it! And if you rearrange the letters it spells 'peeslosh!" ~ Will Stamper

Skarzs

• Redwall Recorder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 06:20:52 AM »

What do you think?

Cave of Skarzs

Some people call you crazy because you want to change the world. And you know what? It's usually the crazy people who do change it. And to those who say we can't: Get out of our way.

Peony

• Season Namer
  • Abbey Gardener
  • Thank you, Clawsy! : )
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2017, 03:48:01 PM »

Ohh, Ribbajack. I haven't thought about that book in years. It's pretty good, although if you're easily spooked I'd recommend reading something else before bed. How far you in, Skar?

Inquisitor

• Abbey Gatekeeper
  • Thanks Rosie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 06:15:00 PM »

been a while, but it was good
"A seagull ate my cookie and pooped on me once, I will never forgive their entire species!" - Matt

"Even the word 'hopeless' has the word 'hope' in it! And if you rearrange the letters it spells 'peeslosh!" ~ Will Stamper

Skarzs

• Redwall Recorder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017, 10:49:28 PM »

I'm most of the way through. I have other stuff to read and listen to, so it's not a priority, but I like all the stories in it so far. Refreshing to see Jacques' writing style in another application.

Cave of Skarzs

Pages: [1]   Go Up